Friday, November 16, 2007

now we can swim any day in november

wow. it's rather nice outside today. in fact, i think it's been in the 70's in fresno for a large part of november. it is november, right? and we're half way through the month, right? today, i walked down the street in shorts, t-shirt, and flip flops. and it's not just that i'm a big guy. the mail carrier was wearing shorts and a short sleeve shirt.

the forecast doesn't have us hitting the low 60's (daytime high) until the middle of next week. the forecast for thursday, thanksgiving, is also 60. 60. sheesh.

but i'm not complaining. i don't mind a mild fall season. i would appreciate a little more rain over the next month though. especially since i don't have to drive my motorcycle too much over the next 5 weeks.

4 comments:

Lulu said...

I noticed that today too. I usually wear a jacket in the morning but I didn't need one today. Maybe thats why it doesnt feel like it should be Thanksgiving already, it hasn't been cold. I like it though, it saves me money because I don't have to run the heater. Forecast shows about a 10 degree cool down next week, I am with you though I would love more rain.

Anonymous said...

you could move here and get 70's during the day and 30's or lower at night! come on it's good fun!

Lulu said...

Wow thats pretty extreme Becky. Best of both worlds I suppose! Whats the average temperature there in the winter?

Scott and Malisa Johnson said...

We are 17 inches below normal with the rainfall. It has also been in the 70's during the day, and the 30's at night. Lovely. But the yuck thing is the trees that are normally stunning aren't so much this year because of the drought. Stupid water.