Tuesday, November 06, 2007

feedback loop

so, i'm feeling a little caught.

you see, the last few days i've been a little under the weather. not feeling ill per se, but definitiely stressed. this has got my neck and back kind of stiff. which has made my chest feel tight. then, i start thinking, what does a heart attack feel like?

but i know it's not that.

but then, my pulse is up.

and i'm sweaty.

now my neck feels tighter.

and my back is worse.

which makes me think more that i'm having a heart attack.

but i know i'm not having a heart attack.

stupid brain.

stupid, stupid brain.

one thing, one thing, leads to another.

but, i don't think i'm having a heart attack. just a little stressed, and tight. tomorrow's another day.

and another chance for the feedback loop.

8 comments:

Adam said...

I've definitely had those panicky type situations. They suck.

Lulu said...

Hypochondriac! I have never thought I was having a heart attack but I think I get cancer about 3 times a year. Anytime something isn't right that I can't explain, for some reason cancer is my go to disease. Stress definitely makes your body and brain do odd things.

m.wise said...

have you further pursued getting a massage? reducing one of your stressors (neck and/or back through massage) might ease and/or stop the others. and try to do it before sunday. i need you in top form on sunday.

Lulu said...

What exactly is going on Sunday that Ed needs to be in top form for Mike for?

edluv said...

fisticuffs against raider fan

Lulu said...

Hey Ed I was at home for lunch and I looked down the street and there was a fire truvck and ambulance in front of your place and I thought oh no Ed really did have a heart attack! Luckily (for you) it was for someone a few doors down. Hopefully they are alright but I am glad it wasn't you!

edluv said...

I saw your truck as I walked to get piemontes. And, the fire truck pulled up as I was unlocking the door, and I wondered if you would see it and think it was me

edluv said...

and i am at the dr.'s office right now.