Sunday, April 27, 2008

may day is on the way

it's sunday night, but i'm already thinking of thursday. which, can sometimes be a bit problematic to be thinking that far ahead. you miss things. but, why am i thinking about thursday? two reasons:

art hop. i'm showing again. and, i'm trying to have mostly different stuff up than i currently have @ cafe corazon (crap, i need to take down my show there!) anyway, you can stop by and see my show @ california arts academy - severance location. 1401 n wishon, 5-8 pm.

reason 2 - post art hop show @ tokyo. of course, rademacher will be there. but you know who else will be there? el olio wolof. i've compared them to a "pentecostal tim burton carnival," and i mean it. and, david dondero. don't know him? check out his music here. and, he's got a song called rothko chapel (i hearts mark rothko).

UPDATE: !!!!!! not really sure how i missed his name on the flyer, but nik frietas is also playing. he's a former visialian who has made it sort of big time in the indie scene. well, not sort of big time, but big time indie, whatever that means. there's a good article from the bee about him here.




also, this week adam and i will be recording episode too of the view looks good from here, fresno so expect a new post up over here on wednesday or thursday.

9 comments:

timidvenus said...

okay, it wouldnt let me post a comment. wtf?

whatev, i cant be bothered to retype

edluv said...

but you did post a comment. you did.

Rebecca said...

btw...yours and Adam's podcast baby...good humor. It's like being out for drinks with you guys. I miss it so it's a nice little slice o' pie!

Lulu said...

I am considering perhaps going to the show. Well yours for sure, but the perhaps the post art show as well. You know how I am though, a bit of a flake when it comes to Thursday nights.

Oh and I posted a comment on Adams blog but I am listening to your podcast right now and I am quite enjoying it:) You boys need to keep this up!

Lulu said...

Also I dont know if it is just my computer or what but I am having a little bit of a hard time hearing it and I have the volume all the way up on everything. Is that me or is that something you can control when you post it?

edluv said...

hmm, not sure on the volume issue. i listened to it on my ipod and it was fine, but i'll check it out on the web.

and if anything, go easy on wednesday for the sake of thursday.

edluv said...

the volume wasn't bad on my computer, but i also know that i can set the recording level a little higher.

Adam said...

I didn't seem to have any issues with volume when I listened to it at home.

Lulu said...

Well I was at work and so I was typing and there was noise in the background. If it were completely quiet it wouldnt be a problem.