Wednesday, January 23, 2008

kinoki foot pads

ding dang, i've been scooped by one of my favorite sites. a few weeks ago heather and i were watching some afternoon tv on the weekend, or weekday, or sometime we were watching tv. anyway, we saw an ad that cracked me up and i knew i needed to post on it. then i sort of never got around to it.

here's the commercial from youtube


today, i saw a post on boing boing about them. they scooped me. that's alright. someone else scooped them (well, i don't know that the really scooped them since boing boing is a catalog of stuff).

you see, toxins don't really come out through our feet. they're filtered out by our liver and kidneys. which pretty much filter everything. and, even better, the kinoki foot pads cite a fake study according to wikianswers.

"Looking at kinoki.com it only cites testimonials, one of which references an article in the Journal of Immunity, which despite its name is not a real medical journal and is little more than a compilation of testimonials."

8 comments:

Adam said...

Man, I love it when quackery get's smacked down.

Lulu said...

Nick was just talking about this but I hadn't heard of it before. Sounded a little fishy to me (no pun intended) and when you can't site one scientific study, chances are its whack.

m.wise said...

so who's telling becky that her foot detox might not work? i vote ed.

Anonymous said...

As I was watching the tree diagram everything flowed right from the leaves out the roots. Weird never new roots peed.

Well... I guess I done learnt somtin' today.

edluv said...

yeah, i saw that and thought, hmmm, don't trees draw water and nutrients in through the roots, not push out waste?

Adam said...

Yes, well, you are talking about a video where they do the same thing with the human body. Somehow everything enters through the hands according to them.

Anonymous said...

I can't watch the video it is blocked, but this akes me sad. I've heard such good things about it. Oh well, on to the next dtox hippy thing I can think of.

I have to admit I'm still very curious. are these the pads that are stuck to your feet? or is this the foot bath? I'll watch the video when I get home.

Anonymous said...

stuck to your feet.

ed