Tuesday, January 15, 2008

an honest review of there will be blood

let me break it down: it sucked. there were brief, interesting moments, but overall, the movie was a snooze.

look, i like movies, all types of movies. i like movies that build. i like drama. i like horror. i even enjoy romance movies. but this movie was just dull.

there will be blood. when?

the movie is supposed to be about an oilman and his struggle. well, when was the struggle? the movie lacked any real drama, had very little suspense to it, was fairly predictable.

don't go see it. i went on a free pass, so i don't feel cheated by the movie. i won't say the same thing for you if you do pay.

as for daniel day lewis' role that he just won a golden globe for, it was decent. but, it was also similar to his role in gangs of new york. the difference: that character, bill the butcher, was played with much more heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you thank you THANK YOU for posting this! I went and saw it with a friend who was seeing it for the second time. He said it was the best movie he'd ever seen. I thought it was boring and slow. I also thought that Daniel Day-Lewis did a fair amount of scenery-chewing. The scene at the end in the home bowling alley really did it for me. I was laughing because he was overacting so much that it made what was supposed to be a horrible scene comical.

I told my friend that I thought this was a case of critics saying they liked it and everyone else being afraid to admit that it sucked.