Thursday, August 23, 2007

8 questions meme

so, generally i'm not into doing memes. but, whatever, i got some time right now. how's that for a ringing endorsement on a blog post. anyway, thanks to lefty for the initial tag.

Here are the rules:
- Each player starts with eight random facts about themselves.
- Those who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight facts and post these rules.
- At the end of the post, choose some people to get tagged and list their names.


So here are my 8 facts about myself:
1. i sleep on the right side of the bed. that is, if you're standing at the foot of the bed, facing it, i'm on the right. this is true when we go to hotels and stuff. it feels very odd if i switch it up.

2. my favorite color is black.

3. i teach a litany of subjects. and yes, english is one of them.

4. when i write informally, i don't use capitalization (you've probably noticed) as an intentional deference to God. when i was in seminary, one of my profs was talking about how our societies language rules were changing, and that God was commonly uncapitalized now (he was pissed off or ranting). but, the word "i" remained capitalized, and it's the only pronoun that receives such treatment. there was more to what he was saying, but this started me thinking about it all, and i thought, "hey, this is a subtle thing i can do to show deference to God in my own life." so, i started doing it in all of my online writing. it also helps that i like how it looks stylistically.

5. based on a recommendation by the jay, i am drinking much more water right now. the jay and becky said that you should take your body weight, divide it in half, and drink that number of ounces a day. i'm not huge, but i'm a big cat. so, since we last went to vegas i've been trying to drink a lot of water each day. it's going alright. it's odd, during different times of the day i will drink more. so, this results in times when i need to "go" more (ah, a quaint colloquialism). i need to work at spreading out my water consumption a little better.

6. i've broke the law several times this week. you see, after a 5 hour work period you're required to take at least a half hour break (meal time). i have yet to be able to comply with that during the first 3 days of the week. in fact, only once this week have i even been able to take the time @ all, even though it was late. oh well. the job is getting a half hour more of my time for free. then again, i am doing this at work.

7. i prefer cake to pie.

8. in junior high, i took two years of photography. apparently, the instructor had enough of me in those two years. when i tried to take the class during high school, he wouldn't let me.

so, there it is. i'm tagging woody, rebecca harp-sligh, adam, tom, becky. the rest of you can do it as well, but i'm just not specifically calling you out. but i will give you one of these.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good for you with the water! It is difficult in the beginning and also when you don't have the water with you. I'm getting really bad at it since school started cause I can't have it by my computer so I forget. Oh well you inspire me to do better!

auritus said...

Still disappointed about the non-response to your lab coat quip I see.

I mean, why else would you not tag such an interesting person?

edluv said...

no, see, i tried to look through my links, and see if i could the people i tagged to tag the rest via our shared friendships. i mean, if adam doesn't tag you, well...

auritus said...

So once again, it's not what you know it's who you know.

So sad, Ed, so very sad.