Tuesday, March 28, 2006

update: iraq = important, me = not so important

here's an interesting quote:

“The Ministry of Defense requests that civilians do not comply with the orders of the army or police on nightly patrols unless they are accompanied by coalition forces working in that area.”

from baghdad burning. read the whole story. that is, if you're interested in the perspective of someone who is actually living through that "situation" there.





ed health update:
saw the dr. today. no, not dr. dre. dr. laramie. nice guy. he wasn't able to really harp on me about my bp, mainly because it was in good order. (stoopid dr.s with their charts that tell history. let it go already. sheesh.) so, he checked out my plugged up ears. yep, there's fluid built up. but, since my cold and post nasal drip are pretty much gone, he didn't prescribe anything for that. he did prescribe me this little nose inhaler steriod and some allegra d. unfortunately, our insurance has decided that it no longer covers things like allegery meds or stuff heartburn stuff. so, they won't pay the preventative cost, but will pay for related surgeries. smooth. so, i couldn't get my allegra covered. but, the good people over @ the medicine shop let me know that i could just substitute and otc allegry med, like the ones now offered by claritin and such. and, i've already got some of that, so that's $ saved. just had to pay for the nose inhaler. so, if i fly off the handle at you, in a fit of anger, we'll just call it 'roid rage.

on a funny/odd side note, heather's dad was in the waiting room when i arrived. both heather's parents, and her maternal grandparents go to this smae doc. i wonder if i recommended him to them? i know scott recommended him to me.

2 comments:

dana said...

I use Lorata-D. It is the generic store-brand claritin with a decongestant in it. That works great and saves big bucks. As someone who has chronic sinus infections (I average 5 per year), the doctors are always giving me those steriod nasal sprays. But they don't work for me since I'm already more juiced than Jose Canseco.

edluv said...

sweet. maybe i'l look for it. i didn't know if the "d" was important or not, and was unsure if mine was a "d" version.