Thursday, September 18, 2008

tower beautification

looking for something to do on saturday morning?

something i've been involved with, although it's not all that creative but it's certainly community oriented is Tower Beautification.

FOURTH SATURDAYS

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 27TH, 2008

WHAT:VOLUNTEERS CLEAN UP CURBS,WALKS, VAN NESS

TIME:8:00.–10:00 A.M. Arrive on time for insurance sign-in.

WHERE: Gather at Chicken Pie Shop parking, Wishon and Olive

BRING: Hat,Gloves, light rake or broom if you wish

ALSO BRING: water in refillable bottle, a friend of the Tower

WE SUPPLY: Orange vests, pick up bags, grabbers & scoops, insurance

WHY: Ongoing goal : to beautify our community and build empowerment with responsibility for the quality of life in our area... and to model CLEAN !!

(The area around the Farmers’ Market needs lots of help.)


since we're in the middle of a film festival down here, we'd really like to make sure it's nice, shiny and clean down here so people keep having the idea that the tower is a cool, clean, safe place to hang out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, I'd really really really like to give my word that I'll be there... I used to do the beautification on the other side of FCC when I was student body president there, but that was when I was productive and got up early mornings.

It's fun and makes you and everyone feel better and it's the type of stuff we need in the Tower and Fresno in general.

OK, I'm putting this on my calendar. I want to go, really!