Tuesday, September 02, 2008

downtown sky room vs cabo wabo fresno

lost in the sea of info about the cabo wabo cantina opening in fresno is the opening of something much cooler. well, in my opinion much cooler.

"The Sky Room at the Fresno Downtown Holiday Inn reopened to banquets today."
"Wednesday, the Fresno Advertising Federation will bring about 100 members to a lunch meeting."

however, it's not completely open...yet.

"The Sky Room is only allowing banquets until a minor problem with the dance floor is repaired. A section of the floor is raised slightly and needs to be fixed before the general public is allowed in, Van Orden said. He did not give a date when repairs would be complete."

trust, when it's open, i'm going. i'll watch the sunset, i'll scan the downtown skyline, and i'll have a drink or two. honestly, i'm hoping the environment is chill enough that we can record a future episode of tvlgfhg from there.

here's to hoping that the food is good, the service is great, and that the experience is just right.

4 comments:

Adam said...

Yeah, I'm more excited about that than Cabo Wabo, for sure.

Lulu said...

You couldnt drag me to Cabo Wabo, I have no desire to go there. The sky room though sounds super sweet, cant wait to give it a try.

Anonymous said...

Here's the thing, though (late to the party, that's me!), the Sky Room won't open to us commoners until October.

I used to belong to the Fresno Ad Federation, so I thought about crashing their party just to see the site, but I didn't. As a normal Fresnan, I won't have that privilege until next month, so I'll effin' wait like everyone else. Balls.

Anonymous said...

You definately won't be disappointed in the view from the Sky Room. We had a beautiful wedding and reception there on the evening of June 8, 2002. Our guests still talk about the sunset, the lights and the feeling that comes over you while looking at one of the most beautiful views right here in Fresno, California.

Donnell and Margie