Tuesday, November 25, 2008

what's going on

yeah, so i haven't blogged much lately. it's because i'm out livin. that's right, l i v i n. you should get out and try it. just kidding. i mean, i've been doing stuff, and hanging out with people (like the andersons), and i just haven't taken time to sit down and write anything.

so, here goes with some stuff.

anybody have any luck voting in the bee's people's choice awards? i haven't. i've tried from two different computers (one @ work, one @ home) and haven't been able to get the system to let me past the first page. i answer the questions, then i click on next and nothing.

(UPDATE: it let me go to page two. you should go over and vote @ http://www.fresnobee.com/peopleschoice/)

had a good time @ the swede fest. thanks again to all the directors, and thanks to brodiemash for putting that on. tvlgfhf has one in the planning stage so we'll be in the next festival.

speaking of tvlgfhf, we'll be posting a new episode tomorrow, so download it from the site or hit up itunes and subscribe.

had a good time @ the benefit for cafe corazon, the little bit i was there for. the old gut was a little off, and i wanted to rest a bit. since i missed rademacher, i think i've got to definitely check out this show on wednesday night:



i know, it would be a non-traditional night for the dice riff raff, but hey, some of you still haven't seen the greatness of rademacher.

finally, today i got a hair cut.

here's me before:



side view



and hair...i mean here...i am post clip. rocking it short again.



for those of you who haven't seen me around lately, yes, i'm currently rocking a beard. a novembeard to be precise. it seems that it's beard appreciation month so i thought i'd grow one. it was annoying for a bit, but it's grown on me. yeah, i said that, too. i'm 95% sure i'm cutting it off on dec. 1 or thereabouts.

7 comments:

Adam said...

Coincidentally, I'm going clean shaven tonight because I need to use my respirator at work tomorrow. I'll probably maintain it through the holiday weekend and then work on a Decembeard.

Adam said...

Also, I can't get past the first page of the Bee's survey either.

They don't get my vote for best website, that's for damn sure.

edluv said...

it takes forever, but i was able to get through the survey. stupid effin bee.

Anonymous said...

no problems with the survey here. be sure to vote corin hoggard for best sportscaster!

Lulu said...

Survey schmurvey, lets talk about the hair. I am not a big fan of longer hair on guys and although yours wasnt really long I like this look better, beard too. If you keep the beard short like that I think you should maintain it. If it gets much longer though I will be forced to call you a vagina face.

edluv said...

no worries, it won't get much longer over the next 5 days.

Anonymous said...

I emailed the Bee about the shitty People's Choice thing (I couldn't get past the first page either) and got this reply (basically, it's my fault, not theirs):

"Hi Heather, sorry to hear you've had some trouble. It's going to be
pretty tough for me to tell you why it won't work without any technical
details, but a couple of generic things I could recommend would be:

-Clear out your browser's cache, offline data, authenticated sessions,
cookies, etc.

-Make sure you system is up to date with the latest manufacturer
recommended updates.

-Reboot your computer (I know that may seem obvious, but you'd be
surprised how well that works sometimes!)

Beyond that, you'd have to provide me with a bit more info, such as:

-Operating System Version

-Web Browser name / version

-Type / location of internet connection (i.e. dsl, cable, dial-up, and
are you connecting from home, work, public wi-fi hotspot, etc)

A couple of known issues I've run into are things like:

If you're connecting to the internet at work, sometimes your workplace
may have a web filter / firewall / proxy server in place that prevents
this site from working properly.

If you're on a Mac, I did find out that for no apparent reason, the
Safari web browser doesn't work properly (like what you're describing),
but last week Apple released an update for it that fixes that problem
within their browser. Turns out it was a bug on their end."

My guess is, they're going to get a lot of people saying, "Fuck it."