Tuesday, July 08, 2008

play it again, sam

i did it again today. the funny thing is, heather made fun of me on saturday for doing. what was it? well, i watched rounders. for me, rounders is one of those movies that every time i stumble upon it while channel surfing, i'll watch it. so, today, i see rounders is about half over, i'm bumming around the house before work, and i watched it. which made me thing about movies that i'm pretty much guaranteed to watch if i see they're on. here are three i thought of, in no particular order:
1. rounders - yep, watched it today, and almost watched a little tonight when i saw it was on again.
2. garden state - watched about the last 3/4 of it last night
3. tombstone. haven't seen it on lately, but thought about watching it on demand over the weekend. instead i watched gone in 60 seconds. that was a bad choice. in fact, watching tombstone actually caused me to create a similar post before. dammit, i'm repeating.

so, what are the movies you'll almost always watch?

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

All right...here I go...going to admit it...

1. Rocky Movies--except V!
2. ANY natural disaster movie.
3. ANY movie where the animal is genetically mutated and goes after people (because people go after it/them).

Yeah. I am not proud of it and J makes fun of me, too.

edluv said...

ooh, rocky 1-4 are totally worth a stop and watch. especially 3, for me. mr. t has such great lines.

Anonymous said...

First, I'd have to say Groundhog Day. No other movie comes close for me. Another one that comes to mind is Rudy, just cause it's something I'd probably never rent but would always watch on TV.

Adam said...

You can borrow Rudy any time you like Mellow.

I'd have to say most war movies will make me stop. If I had cable, I'd watch Band of Brothers non-stop. But Blackhawk Down, We Were Soldiers, Thin Red Line, Full Metal Jacket, Gettysburg, Gods and Generals, the list goes on, but I would stop and watch.

Unknown said...

Star Wars. Every time. Any episode.

Rocky for sure, but I have the set on DVD and it's better w/o commercials.

Chris Farley movies. Caught myself laughing out loud at Tommy Boy last week. I'm not proud.

carly said...

1. Tombstone (It's a favorite. And true story: I went to visit friends who had moved to AZ. Shane and I convince Karrie into going to Tombstone to see the OK Corral. It was awesome. We get home around 11pm and Tombstone is on TV. Glorious!)

2. Overboard. Lord, I love that movie...

3. Predator. It's all about big muscle men actors who went on to be governors.

Monticore said...

For Me It's
1. Alien (it's always on and I love it)It was on last night and Ed wouldn't let me watch it. Damn him!
2. Mississippi Burning

3. Underworld (it's also always on t.v.)

4. Rushmore (Wes Anderson's finest)

Also Ed always watches Platoon when ever it is on TV