Friday, January 18, 2008

heather flower tattoo

UPDATE: CLICK HERE TO SEE THE CURRENT, UPDATED VERSION OF THIS POST AND TATTOO.

yesterday i spent some time in the chair, and got a new tattoo done. it's on the inside of my right arm, and is winter flowering heather. this is my third tattoo done @ tower tattoos, and my first done by monica pasillas.

winter flowering heather tattoo


a lot is based off this photo that i took in for the artist to see. she sketched it up, and went to work.

winter flowering heather photo


my arm is tender and my shoulder sore from being in an awkward position for about two hours. but, i'm really happy with the work she did, and can't wait for it to be all healed up.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

In honor of the wife? They did a good job based on the photo.

edluv said...

well, i was wanting to get a rose, and get it done in sort of old school, 50's look. but then, i was thinking, why not see what the flower on the heather plant looks like. i did choose heather (the plant) because of heather my wife, and i really dug the look of the flower, too.

so, i was looking in the books @ tower tattoo, and thought monica did wonderful shading on some other flowers, especially light to dark transitions.

timidvenus said...

it looks mighty pretty. makes me wish my spouse would allow me to get one or two more...

Adam said...

Heheh, you should totally get a tattoo of a woody.

timidvenus said...

lol