Thursday, November 23, 2006

the vatican, and common sense

cha cha cha changes
the vatican may be making some changes. no, they're not ditching the cool hats. but, they may allow you to wear a hat, of sorts. the vatican may soon approve the use of condoms. it seems that they are responding to the global aids crisis.

and, since the commercial is on right now, i will voice my displeasure with common for doing a gap ad. i realize that every artist wants to sell, get their message out, and what not. but in my book, doing a gap ad = selling out. common, you were ghetto fab. you were a purveyor of urban chic. now, you're shilling for conformity wear. great.

7 comments:

timidvenus said...

i thought the same thing about the gap ad. lame.

Scott and Malisa Johnson said...

I have not seen the gap ad. however I also don't know who common is. so sad. is that who you were referring to? Once again, reading a blog will lead to me doing some research online to catch up on pop culture.

edluv said...

yes, i'm referring to common. who, when he first come out on the hip hop scene, went by the moniker common sense. he's one of the first major acts from chicago.

Monticore said...

I'm sure Dave Chapell is none to happy about Common dropping his name in this supper lame gap add.

Adam said...

I love GAP and am so glad Common has finally soldout.

Adam said...

Yay GAP!!!!!

Adam said...

GAP GAP GAP!! I love GAP!