Tuesday, March 10, 2009

sufjan stevens & tor - illinoize

do you like sufjan stevens? i do.

do you like outkast? i do.

do you like brother ali? i do.

do you like aesop rock? i do.

do you like dj premier? i do.

do you like gift of gab? are you underground enough to even know him? i do.

even you answered yes to more than one of those than you need, no you must click over to my old kentucky blog and download a mixtape done by canadian producer tor. the mix takes sufjan stevens songs from multiple albums and mixes them with hip hop tracks.

the best part: it is free! FREE MUSIC!

5 comments:

Lulu said...

I am going to be honest, usually I pretty much skim your music posts, but you got me with brother ali and outcast so I gave it a try and you are absolutely right, that is some good stuff. You have pristine taste in hip hop Edward.

Anonymous said...

alright, now I'm curious... I'll have to check it out when I can turn the volume up on my comp at work :)

brodiemash said...

Downloading as we speak...

brodiemash said...

Good stuff, sir! I've never heard of Sufjan Steven. Thanks for the linkage!

edluv said...

well, to be honest, sufjan's contribution is like most artists on a mash up:minimal. you get a little of his musical track and that's about it.