Friday, September 21, 2007

saturday night's all right

what do you have planned for saturday? here are some suggestions:

get up early, say 7:45. come down to the corner of olive & wishon. join me from 8-9:30 making our neighborhood beautiful.

that's right, it's the fourth saturday of the month, and there's a little thing called tower beautification going on. provided for you: trash bags & grabbers, snazzy orange vest. you bring: well, you. together we make it better.

after that, go home and rest. maybe watch some tv or something. rest up, because saturday night offers some potential good times.



smog city roller grrls vs san joaquin valley vixens.
doors @ 6
match @ 7
after party to follow (2 full bars)
live band

7 comments:

Lulu said...

Although going to a roller derby game does sound like a lot of fun I have my own athletic event I am participating in. The annual alumni volleyball game is Saturday night so I will be doing that and I have a training session in the morning so I won't be able to go to Tower Beautifucation either. Hopefully I can hook that up next month though.

edluv said...

alumni volleyball game? for high school?

Lulu said...

Yup, all of us old farts are playing the youngins. If anyone wants to laugh at me I will be playing at 6 pm and Buchanan High School.

edluv said...

game's @ 6? you could totally lose to high schoolers, jump in the truck, and make it to the fair grounds by 7:20 and watch the rest of the roller derby.

Lulu said...

I totally would but we are doing dinner and drinks after so unless they just really annoy the shit out of me (entirely possible) I will be tied up until around 10.

Lulu said...

I really want to go too:( Roller girls are bad ass.

Monticore said...

The Smogg City Rollers are going to be at Valdez Hall not the Fair Grounds.