Monday, May 15, 2006

ch ch ch ch changes

so, it seems like we make plans, and then they change. it happens.

like, although the june vegas plans were made plenty in the distance, most have had to back out. understandable.

last friday, i scheduled installation of diret tv. this was done after much consideration of plans, competive options and offers by other companies, and looking into the rules for installation @ our duplex. as renters, we just can't do whatever we want, there is a page and a half of rules for how satellite can be installed @ our place. basically, the main rule is that it can't be attached to the house or roof. as i looked @ our place, i found a loop-hole: the antenna already on the roof. we've got a standard, broadcast tv antenna that's mounted on about a 2" thick pole.

today, the loophole closed. installers came, looked @ my solution, and said no, it wouldn't do. not sturdy enough. damn. damn. cancel that direct tv. damn. that means no dream of nfl sunday ticket anymore.

but, ah, new plans. cable is on the way. installation between 10-12 on thursday. in the long run, it'll cost us a little more than satellite would have. but it'll be good. and, more importantly, we will have access for all of the world cup.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Here's the pain-- Now you'll have regular MTV and probably not MTV2. This means you'll get hours and hours of "date my gay son", "My Spoiled Sweet Sixteen" and "Remember when the Real World was innovative" but you won't get any music videos. Tradeoff.
I was happy to have cable the other day, though. I watched a show on the travel channel about a nekkid tribe in south america and I really admired their lifestyle. Not just the being naked, but their dancing and wrestling and stuff. And Discovery has Deadliest Catch, about crab fishing off the Bering Strait. That's a good show too.

Anyhoo, congrats. Enjoy the copia mundial. I'll watch some of it, if it doesn't cut into the Rockies games.

kendalljean said...

woo hoo for cable! now you can watch about crazy huge cruise ships that rich people live on and be jealous like me!

edluv said...

no no my friend. we will have m2. and bbc america. these were requirements for us.

Unknown said...

Good. You can maintain your admiration of Andy Milonakis.

Bees on my head.

timidvenus said...

i hate andy milonakis.

m.wise said...

it's good to know that i'll have a place to go for the world cup. i hope you like having company at 2 and 3 in the morning ed...cuz if a game's on i'll wanna be there.

edluv said...

i am down to have people over as much as possible during the cup. i'm contemplating making a big wall poster. and, with cable in two rooms, if there is a conflict, such as heather wants to watch animals in danger, or some other oddball program, we can still have soccer on in one room.

stay as late as you want. maybe i'll even make you a key.

timidvenus said...

who is wise? and why do they get a key?

edluv said...

mike. you met him at kareoke. as for why, why not? he wants to watch the best sport in the world, is a friend of mine, and a key might help him to do so.

Unknown said...

I want a key to your heart.

Adam said...

He already rented it to me.

Anonymous said...

Are you sure that your theology is ok with having more crap in your house?

I stick with having to shovel the snow off of my 4 channels.
Peace out Graduate.

-tim

edluv said...

what do you mean by crap?

in general, i don't see it as crap, but i see how it can be a nuisance. will it interfere with our family life? well, we already watch tv together, and so it's not like we've never had tv and are bringing a completely new influence.

if you mean the content is crap, well, it's probably about the same as regular tv. you can find whatever you want on regular. we're not getting hbo or skinemax or whatever, not that i feel those channels are intrinsically bad.

finally, we used to have some channels, like m2, for free. the channel stopped broadcasting around here, and we considered that a real loss. loved the influx of new music, different stuff than just the radio bs.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of the best sport ever. If I as in CA I might come watch. I keep finding myself flipping to FSC (Fox Soccer Channel 24 Hours of Soccer from all over the world). Last night I started to watch a French league game between Lyon and who knows. Sam thought I was weird, but it was cool. Maybe I am maturing, who knows. If my Soccer watching grows I may need you to give me an inservice on who's who in the world of soccer.