Friday, May 01, 2009

letter to fresno, california

thanks fresno.

today has been a good day. i got up this morning and new that i needed to get some stuff done and hoped it would be a good day. i mowed part of my back lawn, but for some reason my mower shut down on me. i figured i would get back to it, but needed to accomplish some other stuff before i could.

then, i got cleaned up and enjoyed lunch with a good friend. i walked over to my local chinese restaurant, mings. we eat and chatted, and my friend even gave me some advice on the mower that i hadn't thought of.

my fortune cookie was spot on, and maybe it helps us all understand why i won the megazone challenge.



after lunch, i cleaned the air filter, and decided that i should also change the spark plug. i remembered there was a lawn & garden place nearby and headed over. within a minute, i had a fresh plug for the mower from jensen & pilegard. $3. nice, easy, no problems. went home and changed the plug and the mower fired up like it never has before for me (i got it used from a friend). i mowed & edged the lawn and then cleaned up all the loose grass.

fresno, thanks for having decent weather today. i broke a little sweat but it felt nice. after finishing up the lawn, fresno treated me to a nice little rain shower that i enjoyed on my tin roof patio. great stuff.

so, thanks fresno, i enjoyed a lovely day. there's a light breeze, some rain, and the smell of fresh cut grass in the air. and yes, i realize that this could happen many places, and that later in the year i'll be cursing fresno's heat as i mow the lawn. but today, it was all good.

the only drawback was that a film i was hoping to see this evening, sin nombre had been playing multiple times a day. with friday film changes it's moved to only one show a day, and it's a late show. we'll see about it.

your friend and big supporter,
ed

3 comments:

m.wise said...

i'm surprised a letter like that didn't end "xoxo, ed"

edluv said...

dang, that reminds me that i was going to put a link to your blog in it.

oh well.

blake said...

Great post. I had a very similair experience a couple weeks back, but you handled it much better:
I cleaned the air filter (it needed it), I kicked it and cussed it a bit..and yeah, a 2 buck spark plug and VROOOM!
and yeah, ya know, the weather since about February has been amazing.--yeah, it gets harsh in July and August and maybe gloomy a bit in the Winter, but yeah, good to appreciate several months of 'fantastic' as they happen to us.
----and as for the flame war...oh man , could I tell ya stories. Good luck. Mostly....just let it go.(as if *I* ever learned that lesson).
best,
B.