Thursday, July 08, 2010

patience for lunch

i'm a fairly patient guy. and, maybe it pays off sometimes. today, i went to me n ed's after picking up some coffee beans at cafe corazon. the lunch special is quick and cheap and is a decent size lunch.

except it's not quick when the people making the pizza get confused about orders being taken and orders about to go out. i happened to order a personal all meat just as one was coming out. i didn't get that one, as it wasn't mine.

thirty minutes later i decided to see what was up. yep, didn't make it. more waiting in my future. fortunately, they offered to upsize it and give me
my money back. i told them not to worry about the money back.

so, i'm still hungry, but i'll have leftovers.

2 comments:

m.wise said...

and that was nice of you to not take them up on the money back. another example of why you are my hero.

edluv said...

yeah, i thought about getting my $ back for a sec, but i thought, i'm getting hooked up with a large, i've had 2 cups of soda, i already paid for pizza, oh well.

i'm glad they hooked me up without me even saying anything other than asking about my order. i think that's part of why i turned down the $. if they would've just said sorry, it'll be out soon, i would have been hella pissed, but still just waited. but since he said 'let me give you a large and your money back,' the money didn't seem like that big of a deal.

honestly, i was goofing around on my phone for like twenty minutes and hadn't really noticed that it had been twenty minutes.