Wednesday, February 04, 2009

lost reflections

today I was talking to my class about mass media, and the idea that media serve an effective purpose of entertaining and even distracting us from the life around us.

tonight, lost totally served that purpose. i really enjoyed the episode, and the last five minutes had me downright giddy. so, i realize i'm excited, and then i think about how the economy is in the tank, california is broke, and our world is in the crapper.

and then i came crashing back to reality. it didn't take me to the dumps, but it was a bit if a slap in the face.

oh well, i will survive.

and please don't post any lost spoilers in the comments for a few days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah we have no idea what happened on LOST! We nerded it up with Age of Empires at the school. We had to turn off LOST becuase we were to focused in our computer game.....NERDS!!!!

Good thing Matt G. recorded it. We're hoping to watch it tonight!

edluv said...

wtf? i texted two people last night that i knew watched lost. devout fans. neither had watched it! whoops, spoiler.

Scott and Malisa Johnson said...

I had my first real douse of reality and the economy today. I guess it could be said that the economy issues haven't directly effected me... until today. What a bummer. I hate reality. Maybe I should start watching Lost.