Thursday, September 04, 2008

september art hop

ah, the first art hop of the school year. city college students are out en masse viewing art as an assignment. i managed to actually motivate myself out of the house to see what other local artists are up to.

aurora, who i met @ my show @ cafe corazon, has a pretty cool show up over @ cafe corazon. she even got some good beehive press, as well as an article over on famous. some of my favorite pieces are drawn on the back of fresno post cards and look like a deck of cards but w/different hairstyles on them. she's get a good amount of work, mostly mixed media, that will be up all september.

over @ the cultural arts building on broadway i saw a few pieces that caught my eye, and it seemed that there were some new artists working in the space. one artist in particular reminded me of the work of another local artist. whatever, that doesn't help you at all.

i also checked out the more established spots and was really impressed w/one piece over at gallery 25. on the eastern wall there are several pieces, but one stands out. i admired it for a bit at a distance, and then moved in to see who the artist was. the name: l.k. papadakis. if you remember, i was moved by her work before, and did a little write up in january. assuming l.k. stands for linda kay, i really think she may fresno artist going right now. at least of ones that i've seen. i sort of want to meet her at a show and pick her brain a bit.

it's almost about time to head off for the post art hop show @ tokyo.

1 comment:

Aurora said...

Thanks for coming out! I didn't even see you, wish I had been able to pick your brain a bit. I'm glad you took notice of the cards, I was worried they might have gotten lost with everything else going on.