Sunday, June 29, 2008

99 problems but oasis ain't one

so, jay z played over @ the glastonbury festival. this was a big feat having a hip hop artist as the headliner. not everyone was pleased with this, and noel gallagher popped off a while back in an effort to remain relevant. i know, oasis is still huge in britain, even if the rest of the world has stopped caring. anyhow, noel felt that it was wrong for them to have hip hop at a rock festival.

here's jay z's response



i love this redo of 99 problems using ac/dc's back in black as well.

and i don't really even like jay z. or his sister.

6 comments:

Lulu said...

I dont like Oasis, they just seem like a bunch of winey spoiled little bitches and their music is mediocre.
I do like Jay Z though and I this version of 99 problems is awesome. I am a big fan of the rock/rap fusion.
And Jay Z's sister? Do you mean Beyonce his wife?

timidvenus said...

i heart jay z. i SUPER heart him even.

edluv said...

actually, i put jay z's sister because i get hits every so often from people searching for jay z's sister. i don't know who she is, and i haven't quite figured out what combination of things in some post leads them to my blog.

edluv said...

here's the answer:
jay z's sister. deep in my archives, i mentioned a joke tracy morgan made about thinking torino (last winter olympics) was jay z's sister.

for some reason, people still click over to the old blog even though you see almost the whole reference.

Adam said...

I wonder if Jay Z is just trying to getting the most mileage out of 99 Problems he can. Linkin Park, AC/DC, and now Oasis.

Monticore said...

I Love Jay Z this was classic. It didn't sound like the crowd minded having the Jiga around. Also if I was a Galleger I wouldn't mess with Jay Z. I know they fancy themselve rough for UK standards but come on!