Thursday, July 06, 2006

what's exciting?

today is the first thursday of the month. for quite some time, that's meant that i would be going out to several art galleries, taking in local color, and enjoying the night. lately, i just haven't had the drive to go. tonight is no exception. i think it started with several months in a row of seeing art that didn't really inspire me, being around huge crowds of people, and a general malaise. maybe next month i'll shake off the dust and head out for art hop.

here are some things i am a little more interested in:
- love, sex and lasting relationships - a small group discussion and study @ our church. last week was the first of ten weeks. pretty good start, really enjoyed the discussion. i hope it continues to be good.
- it's always sunny in philadelphia - it's a tv show on fx. i first started watching this show last summer @ brian's apartment. they recently showed a few episodes on fox. anyway, last thursday was the season premier. tonight's some more new episodes. two episodes last week, two this week. really funny show. and, charlie day, one of the show creators, is a myspace friend of mine.
- 30 days - the morgan spurlock show is about to start its second season. i didn't see the first season, but the adds for the upcoming shows look interesting. i don't know if it will deliver, but i may just see. starts @ the end of the month.
- world cup finale - france vs italy. go france. although they looked pretty poor in the first round, they managed to advance. each match has been an improvement, and the zidane to henri goal against brazil was sweet. hopefully the match will be exciting. i also hope the 3-4 match between germany and portugal will be good. i'm pulling for germany.
- fresno fuego vs oc bluestars - next wednesday night. grizzlies stadium. local soccer, friends, and more. hopefully it won't be too hot, fish will put on a good show, and we'll leave victorious and happy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought that show was the one where they had a bar. I hated the four minutes that I watched of that show.

But I just watched a clip on youtube where it had Danny DeVito in it. And I don't remember him in the brief bit of show that I hated. So I think I hate a different show.

1) Is that understandable?
2) What show do I hate?
3) I miss you, man.
4) Did you see my fish?

edluv said...

yes.
it's the same show. danny devito joined the cast for season two. so, that was the show you hated.
i think of you often.
i saw your fish. i laugh every time that i think of brown trout. it makes me want to grow a tail.

Unknown said...

Yeah. I know a guy who can't let someone mention trout without saying "a corn-eyed brown trout."

Charming.