Saturday, July 15, 2006

are we about to be enemies again?

ah, you have to enjoy it when leaders of other governments get indignant with son of a bush.

"I talked about my desire to promote institutional change in parts of the world like Iraq where there's a free press and free religion," Bush said at the news conference, "and I told him that a lot of people in our country would hope that Russia would do the same thing."

Putin, in a barbed reply, said: "We certainly would not want to have the same kind of democracy as they have in Iraq, I will tell you quite honestly." Bush's face reddened as he tried to laugh off the remark. "Just wait," Bush replied about Iraq."

kinda amusing.

on a serious note, i hope that the situation in israel cools off and quick.

1 comment:

Scott and Malisa Johnson said...

All I can say is that I am really sick of debating the entire situation with my dad. It leaves me frustrated, with a headache, and wondering "how are we related?"