Monday, June 12, 2006

wasp anyone?

so, when mike wise came over to watch the u.s. suck it up with me, he informed me that there was a wasp's nest in our little peep hole knocker deal. he was right. i looked at it and it did not appear to currently have any wasps in it. so, i took a golf club that was in the entryway (i should put those away), opened the peep hole, and knocked it down. it feel on the ground and broke open. it was weird. appeared to be filled with dead little wasp babies, as well as little dead spiders. a bunch of both. bizarre. so, i cleaned up the mess and watched the game.

for the italy-ghana game, i went over to my mom's to watch with my brother. (he had the kids over there. our apt. isn't the most kid friendly.) so, when i came home, i saw a wasp fly out of the peeper. i looked in, and saw this:






so, i knocked the new one down. it was empty. but, before i was done, the wasp came back with more mud. he dropped it and flew off.



i waited a bit to try and get a photo, but he didn't came back. we'll see what happens next.

3 comments:

Adam said...

Yeah, when I went to drop your keys off, I saw the wasp flying in as I walked up.

Annoying little buggers.

Anonymous said...

They build nests like crazy aound our house. It's all about smashing the nest and doucing them with poison. Last summer I was stung twice in a row on my back. Since then it has been WAR!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That's weird that White Anglo Saxon People were living in your peep whole.