Wednesday, October 19, 2005

painting update

here are some photo updates on two paintings. i'm coming along slowly on them, but definately think i'm making progress

through the clouds


this painting is an example of one that i really liked when i first put paint on the canvas. i went to make it thicker, weightier, and i felt like i really screwed it up. so, i've kept working and am happy where it's at. still not quite done yet, but getting near there.


inspired by you, 3




still has issues of dull and shiny spots. getting there, but trying to really get an even color change accross the canvas. this painting is also getting there, but not quite yet.


on anther note, i'm watching fight club for about the millionth time. needed a little kick in the rear to get my week and life jumpstarted. this movie always make me realize there are bigger things in life, that the things that distract me are just that: distractions. i'm not my khackis. i used to watch this movie at least once a month. haven't watched it in quite a while, so thought i'd put it in. plus, i wanted to lounge around and rest because my sinuses were killing me last night and this morning. feeling good right now, but don't want to tackle anything bigger than a movie. or blogging. btw, i have the book, but have been too lazy to read it. need to.

2 comments:

Adam said...

I am really liking the inspired by you, 3. Magnificent job on the recreation of the lighting and shadows. I almost want to see the photograph that you extracted this one line from but I think it would ruin it for me.

edluv said...

yeah, it would. the photo isn't much itself, just a way for me to catch the idea of the line.