Sunday, October 30, 2005

halloweeeeeen

okay, i like holidays. i really do. but, i what i don't like is all the freakin build up. every event now must be perfect. what do you dress up as for halloween? if your costume doesn't work out right, the night is spoiled. if you have to spend a grip of cash on a stupid costume, it's not worth it (to me at least). so, with halloween on monday, i'm hoping that i have a good time. but, i also recognize the chance that it may suck.

this bring up that this is the start of the holiday season. not a lot of pressure on thanksgiving. but then you got christmas and new years. get the right gift. plan or go to the right party. soooo much freakin headache.

remember, i like holidays. i hope to enjoy all these moments. i hope to savor them, and to think back later with fondness. i just have to figure out a way to get past all this build up.

9 comments:

Adam said...

Halloween is much easier if you don't wear a costume. That is, if you can handle all the crap your friends are going to give you for the three weeks beforehand for being such a square.

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to the holidays a lot more this year than I have in the past. I think coming home from such a distance has given me a new and simpler perspective. I can't get caught up in all the decorating (cause we're really not this year) and shopping (cause I'm not hauling all that stuff and 2 kids across the country!).

Unknown said...

Excuse me, but I believe United Nations Day more appropriately kicks off the holiday season.

edluv said...

adam, i hope you take it more as good natured ribbing than just giving you crap for the sake of giving you crap. i mean, i don't think anyone is berating you for not dressing up, just coming up with creative, humorous things for you to dress up as.

Adam said...

I didn't mean it that way. I do expect a certain amount of ribbing, berating, beat-downs and such. I do also feel that those things are sometimes unevenly handed out. But you guys did start giving crap to Tim, so it's better now.

Scott and Malisa Johnson said...

I support you adam I hate dressing up and have for many, many years.

JPN said...

We don't do gifts anymore, takes a lot of pressure off the holidays and allows us to enjoy it a lot more. Now if we didn't have all the family stuff...

Scott and Malisa Johnson said...

I agree with Sam. I think that coming home and being with friends and family after so long this year will make a huge difference in the way that i see the holidays. You have no idea how excited I am to have all three of us going to Ca this december!

Adam said...

It would be even more exciting if the airlines let you take Ethel back home.