Tuesday, February 03, 2009

new packaging on guerroro flour tortillas

last week i noticed something when i was at the grocery store about my tortillas. well, the tortillas i buy, anyway. guerroro tortilla redesigned their packaging. this made it a little harder for me to just grab the pack i normally get, as i had to actually look at the names and not just the one i recognized from my fridge and years of buying. as i looked, i realized something else about the "new look" guerroro tortillas - you get six less in a package.



bastards! it used to be a 30 pack of flour tortillas, now it's only a 24. agh. 6 tortillas can make several more quesadillas, burritos, tacos, or whatever the heck else i want to wrap in a tortilla. well, six less to be precise.

it's a bad economy when they're taking away my tortillas.

2 comments:

Lulu said...

Dicked! I never seem to be able to eat all my tortillas myself anyway. I dont know the shelf life of tortillas but it would take me forever to go through 30 tortillas and at some point I would just want fresh tortillas so I would throw the old ones out and buy new.
Speaking of tortillas though, I have stolen and happily embraced your method of heating the tortillas on the burner. They taste more authentic that way.

Adam said...

I actually saw a news story a couple nights ago about how most food packaging is going this route. They're all reducing the amount you get by way of putting less in (like your tortillas) or indenting the packaging (like the bottom of a yogurt cup).

The jacked up thing, is that they're not changing the prices. Welcome to sneaky moves during a depression.