Monday, December 29, 2008

end of the year list

it's the end of another year, and everyone is making lists. their best of this, best of that, worst of this, mediocre that. you know what, i'm...not going to. i was plotting out a post about the best fresno bands i've seen this year. top 7 or something like that. but you know what, i'm not.

want to know why?

because everyone and their mom on teh internets is doing it. and, you probably don't care that i enjoyed rademacher, the sleepover disaster, the fay wrays, it's an icicle, circles and circles. you don't really want to know that i enjoy seeing blake jones and the trike shop, even though they may not technically be a fresno band. you don't care that i enjoyed patrick contreras @ the undercurrent benefit show.

so, i'm not making a list. just maybe a blobby paragraph.

5 comments:

Adam said...

You're a sneaky one, you are.

Malcolm Sosa said...

off the gaydar. you coming to merced tonight?

Anonymous said...

Wait. Wait. How come we're not technically a Fresno band?
4/5ths of us live within the city limits...yeah, I know I live in Kingsburg, but I live within Fresno County by a good hunnert yards.
Mostly I just want you to write a big paragraph about how you like us.
(laughs!)
I claim DUAL citizenship!(fresno...and ...um...I dunno...cardiff?....quebec?...
munich?)

edluv said...

my bad, blake. i guess i figured the whole band lived together in a big hippie-esque compound in kingsurbia. i will now consider you all a fresno band. especially since i never seen you anywhere else.

Anonymous said...

dang, I like your story better. Too late for me to renig?

We all live on a converted dude ranch. We've converted the club house into a rehearsal/recording studio. We park our dune buggies in the back. Sometimes when the landlord comes a' knockin', we all hide, then, when he comes back on Sunday (after we've played the big Cook Out Party on Saturday night), we've made just enough to keep The Man happy for another month.
(Happy New Year's Ed. Thanks for your blog. I really esp. like the part about the dune buggies. I hope your '09 is super terrific, may it bring dune buggies to us all.)