Tuesday, February 13, 2007

back from the dead

no, not me. our laptop. it seems that after i posted my last blog entry last thursday night, our computer decided to take a dump on me. not exactly sure what happened, but somehow our o.s. got messed up. so, it wasn't working very well out all. at first, i could still do most things, slowly, but later it wouldn't let me on the internet. so, i knew trouble was a brewin'.

thankfully, i've got a buddy who is a bit of a mac guru. that used to be scott, but south carolina is a long way to take the computer. my buddy mark helped me get it all fixed up and working snappy. we ran several different programs to fix the hard drive, and when it was all said and done we still had to reinstall everything.

but it's working!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I've got this echo in my head and I can't seem to shake it. I think I'm having seizures. I hear a voice say "Macs don't crash..." and all I can see is a dopey little rainbow wheel spinning around and around.

Yes, I feel like needling on this point.

wv: hqvynlbo. Don't hack the vinyl, Bo!

edluv said...

hey, first significant problem in like 3 + years i've had this computer.

go defrag you pc soldier

m.wise said...

macs don't crash...people crash macs!
don't ever forget that

Adam said...

Well, this particular Mac had half a beer dumped across the keyboard last year and soldiered on to this point, so I see no reason to criticize.

On the other hand, their tech service is crap, at least in my experience.