Friday, January 27, 2006

story of my life

a friend asked me a question yesterday. i was at practice, working. i had rode my bike, with my snazzy blue clip-in adidas on, so i was currently wearing some throwing shoes.* anyway, my friend asked me,
"are you ever going to use those shoes for what they intended for? in a competition?"

my reply, "no. probably not. i want to throw. i enjoy throwing. but i don't want to do all the work to throw well. like, train properly. lift weights."

there was a little more after, but that's the gist of it. as the conversation came to mind today, it became apparent that these few lines were did a great job to display the way i feel a lot of the time. i want to be at place x in life, but am currently at place y. it will take a good amount of work to get to place x. i guess i'm stuck at y.

this isn't completely true of my life. frankly, i'm doing the work to get to x right now. but, as it drags on in time i wish i was already at x. really, i wish i was at x 3 years ago, but hey, it takes steps.

so, maybe i will eventually do some training and throw competitively. but, i'll probably just keep sitting on my rear.


*the throwing shoes pictured here are blue. mine are the one of the previous releases, in white.

5 comments:

JPN said...

We have too much in common. You couldn't have summed up my current emotions any better.

edluv said...

yeah, you're turning into my internet doppleganger.

JPN said...

Is that good or bad?

edluv said...

well, i hope it's good. btw, i sent the web designer i work with for our church website a link to your church's page. i really like it.

JPN said...

Thanks, it's a cool community. I don't think enough people use the site, but the guy who created it did a great job!