Friday, April 16, 2010

parsley cafe

if you read enough of my reviews you'll see i like: 1) local business; 2) downtown business; 3) fulton mall. knowing these things, it pains me somewhat to write a poor review of one of those things.

i rode my bike downtown to pick up some grizzlies tickets for tonight's game and figured i'd grab some lunch as well before heading home. i was riding down the mall and saw the parsley cafe. i remember it from my trips to milano's pizza (r.i.p.) and thought i'd grab lunch. they had a cheeseburger lunch special for $4.75, which is a nice price.

the cheeseburger - nothing special basic store bought patty, basic cheese, basic bun. the lettuce was nice. it's not that the burger was bad, it just wasn't anything.

the fries - frozen fries fresh outta the fryer. basic shoestrings.

what really bugged me about the experience - watery ketchup. seriously, i shook up the squeeze ketchup bottle and went to put some on my burger. water comes flying out first. this wasn't just the separated water that goes into the ketchup when you shake it. extra water. so, i put some watery ketchup on my burger and shook it up more before putting some on my plate for the fries. still watery. and, it was so watered down that it was flavorless. really bummed me out.

hey, it was cheap and quick, and just okay.

Parsley Garden Cafe

1237 Fulton Mall
Fresno, CA 93721
(559) 485-8995
Fax: (559) 485-8995

No comments: