Thursday, June 28, 2007

music news

good news heather, the spice girls are reuniting and going on tour. no word if eddie murphy's alleged baby will be there (although i did just see something on e news that talked about mel b having a paternity test done and saying that it proved it was eddie's).

here's a cool story about trenchtown is opening up a museum of sorts in the government housing where bob marley lived. they've got his first guitar, his old vw beetle and other things. what was really cool is to read a bit of the history of the housing. small houses that share a communal yard to encourage interaction amongst neighbors. sort of reminds me of this.

4 comments:

Lulu said...

What a dark time in the history of music, what was it around 1997 or so that they were at the peak of their popularity? I remember going to a volleyball bonding trip and I had to do a Spice Girls skit-I still wake up in a cold aweat thinking about that (this was during my Korn rules the world stage so you can imagine my horror). I played the black girl (Mel C??) because I went to Buchanan and there was literally 2 black students and they were both guys so I was the closest to having a ghetto booty-I am not joking, I remember the conversation we had when assigning the parts.

edluv said...

mel b is scary spice (black girl). mel c is sporty spice.

Lulu said...

Ahhh, thanks for the clarification.

edluv said...

but, you're sorta sporty with that running and all.