Monday, April 17, 2006

as easy as riding a bike

today was beautiful. the sun was shining, the sky was clear. it was nice and dry out, so i was happy to be able to ride my bike to school and work. i hadn't ridden in over a week due to bad weather and heather being off work (i could get a ride or take the car). it was windy, but that was only going to bother me on the ride home. it was tail wind on the way there.

it really felt great to ride. i was cruising along at a good speed, but caught two red lights in a row. not that bad, but it always stinks when you're enjoying the ride and have to wait at a stop light. and, these two lights are maybe 100m apart. at the second, i was slowly approaching, and kicked my left foot out of the clip. then, for no apparent reason, i fell over on my right side. i was completely stopped, about to put my left foot on the ground, and fell over.

fortunately, there was only one car around. the lady was nice, didn't laugh at me, but asked if i was alright. i was, and told her so, while laughing myself. i scraped my leg a little, no biggie. although, i was pretty lucky that i didn't fall and smash my laptop, which was in my backpack.

No comments: